Tuesday 24 April 2007

Some cool links and news

I got pointed to this YouTube video at the weekend, it is *really* cool and is the sort of thing that makes me sqwee about my subject. You should watch it because it has pretty lights and bouncing shampoo!

Another cool YouTube video is this one about ferro fluids. Ferro fluids are magnetic and... well watch the video and see for yourself what they do.

Today I read the news that my old uni is yet again doing something really cool now that I'm not there to see it. I missed their big show of venus passing in front of the sun about 3 years ago and now I'm missing the first ever 3D images of the sun. Traumatised I am!

That's all for the links for now, I'm incredibly busy with my MSc these days and don't get much time for thinking about any other maths stuff other than coursework and I don't really want to write about that any more than necessary. I do however have something to write about my upcoming summer project which should be a lot of fun, but also very hard work. Before I do that, however, I need rest and I need to do a little more research on it.

No comments: